All paved patios and driveways will be subjected to oil stains. Driveway paving in Alberton is the most susceptible to oil stains by vehicles. Braai patios
also become oil stained by cooking splatter. These oil stains can be unsightly. Here are some ideas on how to remove oil stains from paved areas:
• Cleaning material instructions must be precisely followed to ensure the correct ratios for mixing. Also, heed application, protective gear and first aid instructions.
• After applying the stain remover, rinse the stained paving areas thoroughly.
• Granular oil stain removers are best for absorbing spills, particularly for more stubborn and older stains.
• Apply the granules to the affected paving areas and leave for six hours before sweeping clean.
• All newly-deposited grease and oil stains must be dabbed with a clean rag or paper towels.
• Dishwashing and laundry detergents are also effective on newly-stained pavers.
• Apply the soap directly to the stain, leave for 30 minutes and then scrub with hot water using a nylon-bristled brush.
• If the stain persists, repeat the process.